Does your house have a laundry fairy? Ours does. She comes sometime after Joe leaves for work on Monday morning and works all day and leaves sometime before bed on Monday. Usually she does between 4-6 large loads of laundry in the high capacity washer, folds, sorts and puts away all of the clothes. Its amazing how on Monday, all our clothes magically get clean and appear in our drawers right where they go. Every couple of weeks the laundry fairy has to do a couple of more loads in order to make sure all the non-iron shirts in the house are properly cared for and hung "just so."

Even though our laundry fairy works extra hard and does such an amazing job, sometimes she too gets criticized...."why is Michael's shirt in my drawer?" (because until 2 weeks ago it WAS your shirt) "oh wow, look, the laundry is getting really high, wow you need to do it," and "how did this shirt get hung this way?"
Oh well, I guess even fairies aren't perfect!
6 comments:
Our laundress (me) washes, dries, sorts, and usually folds. After that it's up to the kids to finish the rest. At this point they know, when they get the call to take care of their laundry, that their only response had better be an enthusiastic, "Thanks, Mom, for the clean clothes!" Anything else, and all of a sudden they become their own laundress. Tanner learned that one by experience.
We are just now transitioning from the two loads I've done since we were married to now three loads! It's really making me sad to have to add another...I'm very impressed with your 4-6!
Fairies are SO underappreciated. Just imagine if they went on strike!!! Oh, the complaining then. Hmmmm.
Good job Laundry Fairy! We love clean clothes!!
I REALLY need a laundry fairy. I mean... one that's not me!
We don't have fairies. We just have trolls, who invariably leave assorted items everywhere. They get grumpy and irritable whether they have clean laundry or not. I'm going to start pulling out my teeth and putting them in the laundry basket and see if my laundry gets magically done next Monday!
We have one too....this fairy hates to iron so that gets done sporadically!
Post a Comment