Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why you should never pay money for pictures of 4 kids

I made the mistake of taking my kids to have professional (well at least as professional as JCPenney's gets) pictures last week. I had done it when Nate was 6 weeks and I had a couple of pictures that turned out perfect. Of course, my mom was there to help me. This time turned out to be a disaster. Either the older kids couldn't look right at the camera:
Or the photographer came up with horrid poses:
Or if the pose had potential, the kids didn't get it..think Sound of Music here:
Or Nate really wanted to check out the camera:

Or my kids forgot what a smile looks like:
Or if all these things were right, then the picture was still only so/so:
Oh well, so these aren't frameable, but we did capture what they looked like at this point in time...too bad I worried about matching and spent the time to get them there.
The picture that Joe took on Sunday on our front porch turned out way better than any of these. And he only spent 3 minutes getting it done!

2 comments:

Juliana S said...

But you do have to admit, Nate is very attention getting in each photo! Too cute.

Brigette Little said...

I came to the same conclusion a while back and started taking them myself. I could do it when they were happy and there was none of the "I'm too shy to smile for the photographer" thing. Your kids are adorable!