Tuesday, August 25, 2009
First Day of School 2009
Our first day of school was yesterday. I was worried about getting up on time to get the kids to school, as I had been sleeping until Nate woke me up, or 7:30 whichever came first. I woke up at 6:59 and looked at the clock and thought, okay I better go get the boys up. Then I heard the crinkle of a package of chips that one of the kids was putting in their lunch box. I went out to find that Adam was up, dressed and making his lunch! I had to go wake Michael up. Once everyone was ready, we walked to the school. This is Michael in front of the school, he is starting kindergarten!
This is Adam, he is in 2nd grade!
When we got to Michael's room, there were parents everywhere. My friend Sharon had saved a seat for Michael next to her son, Logan. Michael sat right down and started playing with play-doh. He would smile whenever someone told him to for the camera, but otherwise, he was ready to begin his day.
Kindergarted drop-off took longer than we thought it would, and so by the time we got to Adam's class he was very ready to go in. He was pretty annoyed that I was going to take his picture, can you tell?
Ellie's first day of preschool was today. This year she is going to Miss Cheryl's preschool (her old teacher decided not to teach this year). Miss Cheryl is the same preschool teacher that Adam had and we LOVE her. She was sad all day yesterday that she didn't get to go to school, but she was very happy today to go to school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My kids had a great day, too. I love Adam's face in his picture!
Yay for first days of school! Aiden's is coming up quick!
They all look so grown up! I am sad Matthias is missing out on Cheryl! You guys are so lucky!
Post a Comment