The next morning Adam got up and was excited to take a picture of his new smile. He forgot to check for any money from the tooth fairy...which I quickly realized was a good thing. He got downstairs and was about to eat breakfast when he remembered... he quickly ran upstairs and was gone for about 5 minutes. When he came down he was extremely mopey. I figured he had realized the tooth fairy didn't come, but I asked him anyway. He said that he couldn't even find his tooth or any money from the tooth fairy. I told him I would look later.
After I ran my errands, (which just happened to include a trip to the bank to get a roll of dollar coins)I went and figured out the situation. I was able to tell Adam when he got home from school that indeed the tooth fairy did come and left him 3 dollar coins, it just happened to be on his table. He remembered then that he had put his tooth on the table because he has formulated a theory that the tooth fairy doesn't come if you put your tooth under your pillow. This is due to some unfortunate past experiences.
Too bad he's only our first kid.... what will happen by the time #4 starts losing teeth?
8 comments:
The tooth fairy always arrives late at our house, too. Ironic, because Tyler is a dentist and my kids swear that Dad has some inside connections. AND holy cow?!?! $3 for a tooth? The tooth fairy in Oregon doesn't pay that much. I bet it's the high taxes!
Your tooth fairy must be rich...!
HA! It won't be the last time either. We ended up giving about that much $ too. Especially when we forgot...now that their old enough to know about the details of the tooth fairy she no longer pays for lost teeth...she's evil!
Our tooth fairy has had alzheimers, weather delays, misinformation, no cash (it's sad when you are sneaking it from your kids money hoping they don't notice before you replace it,) and all kinds of incidents. Our kids finally started leaving reminder notes.... very helpful.
Hopefully by the time #3 & #4 come around #1 & #2 will be on board helping TF out.
Our tooth fairy woke up with a start at 5 AM the other night and realized she hadn't done her job. Barely saved the day! (of course I couldn't go back to sleep after that!)
Its because the tooth fairy forgot for 5 days once that we had to make the price so high, then you can't really go back!
I think every parent must do this at least once! LIke a rite of passage! :D We forgot once but were able to blame it on the dog, who was sleeping with him... fairies don't like dogs, you know? :D
I can't believe Adam's tooth was loose for a few months! That's fun to finally lose it.
The first time that Emma lost her tooth,all the tooth fairy had was a $5 (much more than my .25 growing up)! Needless to say, when Lily lost her tooth this week and the tooth fairy only had 3 dollar bills, she was disappointed. And to top it off, the tooth fairy here has alzheimers too (even with reminder notes)! Glad to hear that the other tooth fairies have alzheimers (and excuses) too! :)
Post a Comment