Wednesday, June 2, 2010

KIndergarten Graduation

Our Michael graduated from Kindergarten yesterday. His school had a very cute ceremony to celebrate. They all put on caps and gowns and came into the gym where they sang a couple of cute songs.
As they called each child up, they crossed a bridge from Kindergarten to 1st grade. It was very cute.
Here is Michael and the Principal.
Afterwards, they had a reception in their classroom. Here are some of the boys in his class, Michael, Joshua, Shane, Karsten, Logan, Evan, and Bryce
I think maybe Joe and Michael have some similarities after all.

We sure are proud of this boy. He did great all year, he had a phenomenal teacher who was able to continually challenge him. He started out kindergarten ahead of himself, but he ended up way ahead of himself. He is now reading at a third grade level! He reads something and remembers it and tells us all sorts of details about the interesting things that he reads. It usually goes like this,"Mom, did you know.."
Here he is with his good friend Logan. Shortly after he was born, I met his friends mom, who had just had twins, Shane and Logan. They have played together since that time, and we were so excited that Logan was i his class. Every day at recess he would play with the twins, and has been so lucky to have such good friends.
Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Grabowski. She was fantastic, I am now trying to figure out how to get her when Ellie starts kindergarten.
Michael got inducted into the hall of fame each quarter this year. On the third quarter I didn't believe him (most kids get in only once) so I didn't have him wear the shirt that day. He marched around the school in his regular shirt and I felt bad. I talked to his teacher and she said he is always in it because he is so obediant. I am very thankful that he chooses to be such a great kid.
Michael, Joshua, Shane, Karston, and Logan

1 comment:

Juliana S said...

Way to go Michael. Super school year. Nice red gown. You look so nice in all these photos.