Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home Depot

For anyone that knows my husband, knows that he likes to do projects. In fact, sometimes he buys things that need fixing just to have a project (he claims this isn't so but I am sure of it). His favorite store is "the Depot." I try to avoid going there with him if I can help it. I used to think it was fun, and sometimes it is fun to look at the tiles and the kitchens and see how things go together, but quite often I will get stuck with Joe in the bolt aisle for about 20 minutes while he looks at the bolts and thinks about them and sees what they have and...really, that gets old. Now I try to avoid it, especially if there are 4 little helpers involved.
Today we went together to look for tiles for a backsplash, so I happened to have my camera. When we walked in the door all the kids quickly ran to a cart like this and proceeded to jump onto it. Joe walked around looking at all of the stuff on the aisles and pushing the kids as they alternately stuck their feet out and down and climbed from side to side. Somehow no one got hurt and they never ran into anyone (but there were several close calls when the kids feet would stick out).
Whenever Joe goes with the kids and then comes home I ask him how they were and he replies..."great, they are good kids!"

I have to wonder, they don't act like good kids when they go to the store with me, usually I barely make it out of the store without having to put myself in time out so I don't do something I would regret later.
Oh well, he can take them every time he goes to "the Depot," maybe he can take them the next time I need to go shopping...sounds like a win, win situation to me!

1 comment:

Juliana S said...

Looks like a fun trip with daddy to me. It's great that he takes them and enjoys it.