Thursday, August 26, 2010
The Toy That's Worth 2000 Pages
Round about May Adam and Michael went to a friends house who had air soft guns. They played with them and decided that they REALLY wanted some. I, however, was not too keen on the idea. They talked to Joe who thought that they could probably get some. I decided that if they were going to get some they had better work really hard to earn them.
We decided that they would have to read to earn them. We found out the price of the guns and found that they were about $25. Then we told them they could earn money to buy them by reading and they would earn 1cent per page reading. For those of you a little math illiterate, that means they would each have to read 2500 pages ( and they had to be somewhat on level). They set off, and it ended up taking longer than I thought it would. A couple of weeks ago Joe told them if they could get to 2000 before school started he would count that as enough. Sure enough, two days later they had. So here they are with their new guns and masks. Don't they look happy that I am taking their pictures?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"They look so totally thrilled that I would step away from their focus point if I were you.
How much did Mom and Dad pay us to read per page... when they did?
Reading for pennies is a great idea! We'll have to implement that.
My boys want air soft guns so bad. Taylor has all these age rules with them...8 for a pocket knife, etc. I can't remember what the age for air soft is.
Post a Comment