Before we went to the spa, we stopped at this "fish spa." Basically it is a big aquarium filled with little fish that like to eat dead skin cells. When you stick your hands or legs in they swarm around you and start eating the skin. It is a little bit disturbing to feel, and you get more used to it as you go, but it always felt a little strange. All four of us sat at the same tank, but at first they preferred my legs almost 2:1. Over time they evened out. When we removed our feet from the tank, they felt really smooth. I still had large patches of dead skin on my feet since I don't regularly pay attention to them. They would only allow us to do it for 20 minutes at a time, and we only did it once.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Spa Day
Since I had to Google "Bali" when the Dibbs asked us if we wanted to meet them there, I had no ideas about what to do once we were there. Kim, however, had lots of ideas from friends they have met in Australia who have been to Bali. They had the name of a driver who would drive us wherever we wanted for $40 a day! They also had a good idea of the things that we would want to see while we were there. The first day there we spent the morning at the beach and then went to a spa for some pampering.
Before we went to the spa, we stopped at this "fish spa." Basically it is a big aquarium filled with little fish that like to eat dead skin cells. When you stick your hands or legs in they swarm around you and start eating the skin. It is a little bit disturbing to feel, and you get more used to it as you go, but it always felt a little strange. All four of us sat at the same tank, but at first they preferred my legs almost 2:1. Over time they evened out. When we removed our feet from the tank, they felt really smooth. I still had large patches of dead skin on my feet since I don't regularly pay attention to them. They would only allow us to do it for 20 minutes at a time, and we only did it once.

Then we went to a spa. The spas there were SO cheap. The men got massages, but Kim and I are both not big massage fans, so we had a manicure and pedicure done. It was funny because although the women worked really hard, their skill level was not very high and so my french manicure looked about as good as I could paint myself. I wasn't trying to impress anyone and it was nice to relax. The men got done with their massages so they thought they would like a pedicure too. It wasn't like when you get a spa pedicure in the states and they massage your feet, they basically smoothed out some of the dead skin and painted our toenails. Joe had his painted black and Brian went for silver. I have to say it really bothered me to see Joe's nails painted, probably even more that it bothered him.
Before we went to the spa, we stopped at this "fish spa." Basically it is a big aquarium filled with little fish that like to eat dead skin cells. When you stick your hands or legs in they swarm around you and start eating the skin. It is a little bit disturbing to feel, and you get more used to it as you go, but it always felt a little strange. All four of us sat at the same tank, but at first they preferred my legs almost 2:1. Over time they evened out. When we removed our feet from the tank, they felt really smooth. I still had large patches of dead skin on my feet since I don't regularly pay attention to them. They would only allow us to do it for 20 minutes at a time, and we only did it once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an awesome trip. It looks like you guys had a blast. I like the monkey and the skin eating fish.
Post a Comment