Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Zipline platform,a little remodeling, the circus and the drought

A few weeks ago, Joe put a platform up so the kids had something they could move off of to go on the zipline. Joe's cousin was there so he helped with the installation, which was a good thing because he is really tall.

The kids wasted no time trying it out.




Joe also got started on the bathroom shower remodel at the lake house. I am so excited since it was so horrendous to start.
The kids were very interested in the demolition process- all crowding around to watch it.


They even begged to help until finally Joe let them help. They really enjoyed that.

I am very excited, but that means that I can't shower or bathe for a while when we go up, so that really limits the overnight trips. Its okay, the house does not have central air and it has been REALLY hot lately.
Last week Joe got the cement backerboard in. It is now ready for tile.
Another night, we saw that the circus was going to be in town. I went once before to a small circus at the same place so I thought it was going to be great. It was fine, but not as impressive as the last one I went to. The elephants were very well trained, and they were fun to see.





Lastly, we are in a pretty serious drought out here. The little lake that our property is on is lower than we have ever seen it before. The kids can easily walk to the island through the water. They still really enjoy being in the water. You can see in this picture, the water line is usually right next to the trees but as you can see it is quite a bit out. Usually the water gets low in August and September, so it will be interesting to see how low it gets this year.



1 comment:

Juliana S said...

Looks like good work going on with the bathroom. Glad the kids got involved with helping.