Friday, July 29, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Nate was finally old enough to go to swim lessons this year, so we had all four in swim lessons.

They all did amazing at swim lessons. Ellie finished level 3, which means she can comfortably swim across the pool on either her front or her back. She also can tread water and generally do whatever she wants to in the pool, and I don't really have to worry to much about her.


Adam and Michael both took level 4 classes. They both did really well, but level 4 is stroke perfection and they struggled a little with the breast stroke and butterfly strokes.

It was nice to have them in the same class, but Adam wasn't so sure about it.


Nate got to take two rounds of swim lessons. He started out not even wanting to put his face in, but by the time he was done he could swim about 10 feet unassisted. I have to say, I was pretty impressed. It's so cute to watch the little ones learn how to swim, they are so small in the water and yet they can move through it. He even does fairly well on his back.




So I asked Adam if he would want to do swim lessons again next year, I told him that he knew the strokes now and all he would get would be to perfect them some more. He wasn't sure but then thought maybe he would. "Oh," I said, "there's one more thing. Ellie would be in your class." NOOO! I don't want to do it then! We'll have to see how this plays out next year, time changes a lot of things.

1 comment:

Juliana S said...

Hmmm not sure about the comfort level of Nate in that one back float pic.