Those of you who know my husband know that he LOVES to buy and sell things. He tells me it is okay because he buys things with residual value and he can resell them as needed. Really it is still spending money, but whatever. About a month after he got his Porsche, he realized that although it was fun to drive, it really wasn't the car he wanted to keep. He then went on a big car search- test driving Acuras, Lexus, BMWs, and looking up stats on many more. He finally decided on the car he wanted:
Yes, he sold his Porsche for a new diesel Volkswagen Golf. He likes the spaciousness inside (!) and the gas mileage. I think what was the real deal clincher is that after he sold his Porsche (back to the same dealership that he bought it from), he got a nice big check. He then used that money to buy this boat:It is a 19' dual console, outboard motor sea worthy boat. There are a lot of other details he can spout off about it, but the real deal is that it can go in the ocean, is good for fishing AND skiing and can easily seat 9. I'm excited because when we go out on the lake I won't feel like I am about to sink into the lake, he is excited because of all of the above. He did sell his redneck boat, so really it was an upgrade.
On the way back from buying the boat he informed me that in the next few months he was going to upgrade his tractor. Its a good thing he still has money left over from the Porsche/Golf transaction.
1 comment:
LOVE the boat upgrade. And I love that he was humble enough to admit that he didn't like his Porsche... and went more practical.
Post a Comment