Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween and Halloween and more Halloween and a few other activities

We had a whole week of events around Halloween this year.  It seemed like there were days and days of dress up BEFORE Halloween.  First, Ellie got to wear her costume to her dance class.  Then, Nate got to wear his costume to school.  I didn't get pictures of either of these.  On Friday, the kids had a storybook parade.  They got to dress up like their favorite storybook character.  There are two ways to do this: either wear the costume you have picked out for Halloween and find a book that goes with it, or make a costume up that goes with your favorite book. 
Adam put together a costume that went with his current favorite books: Harry Potter.  He is on number 6. Doesn't he look a lot like Daniel Radcliffe...I mean Harry Potter?
 Michael did the other- his Halloween costume was a skeleton, so he found a book with a skeleton in it.
Ellie was all set to be Snow White for the storybook parade.  When she woke up that morning, however, she refused to put on her costume.  She said she would go to school without a costume.  I finally figured out that she didn't want to wear her princess costume to school because the kids would make fun of her for wearing a princess costume.  We quickly put together this costume to be pinkalicious, I think it turned out cute.
 This is the costume Nate wore to school.  The day before, his cousin William was over and they had fun playing in their costumes. 
 Friday night was trunk-or-treat.  Here are all the kids in our ward that went to trunk-or-treat.  We definitely have a large primary.
 This was our trunk.  My parents helped pass out candy.  Somehow we won one of three prizes for decoration, the spookiest, but I think it had something to do with Adam's pumpkin on the left.
Ellie with Sydney and Ashlyn.
Yes, I was a bunny rabbit.  I needed to make good use of the pjs Joe gave me last year for Christmas.
 The next night, Joe and I went to an adult costume party.  He was darth and I was a vampire.
 That dress I am wearing is one I wore to girls reverse in high school.  I was impressed I could still wear it, but by the end of the night I had ripped up the slit in the back.  My mom is currently refashioning it into doll clothes.
 For an appetizer I made these yummy worms.
 Here are the kids pumpkins they made for Halloween.  Since we had to carve 4, we did it over the course of several days.  They go in order of kids from left to right.
 Halloween night we got to go trick or treating around the neighborhood.  Nate was Thomas again.  We did buy him a costume this year, but he never wore it, instead he wanted to be Thomas just like last year.

As if that wasn't enough, the day after Halloween, the kindergarten had a 50th day of school celebration.  The kids got to dress up in 50's attire.  Luckily, Koni had a really cute outfit we could borrow for Ellie. They had root beer and a sock hop at school.  By the time I got to the school, the scarf, belt and sweater were all off, but what can you expect?
We also had two birthdays this last week and a baptism coming up on Saturday.  Wow, I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Juliana S said...

You really are a super mom. You do so many special things for your children. One day ( way into the future) they will realize that.