Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ellie's Field Trip

I haven't posted in a while because I haven't had anything to take pictures of.  Don't worry, Halloween and two birthdays are coming up, so there will be plenty to post about then.  The ironic thing about it all is that we have been unusually busy (well I guess it isn't really unusual for us anymore), but its just the day to day things that I don't normally document.

This week on went on my first ever field trip with any of the kids.  I specifically went with Ellie.  I told someone that and they were shocked that I had never been with the other kids.  Problem is you can't take siblings with you and although my other kids have preschool, it is not long enough to cover the whole time that we would be gone for a field trip.  Nevertheless, Ellie was the lucky recipient of my presence at the field trip.  We went to a place called the seven acre wood.  Last time I went I thought the place was highly overrated, but going with such low expectations allowed me to see the finer qualities of the place.  They had a petting zoo, so we went there first.  They had the cutest baby llama, but I didn't get a picture of that.  They did have lots of goats that liked to escape.  One even enjoyed standing on the fence.
They also had a short zip line.  There were lots of kids there and several were afraid to go on the zip line.  Of course, Ellie had no such problem since she is very comfortable with riding a zip line.
Then we got excited to go on a hay ride.  Right before we got ready to go, the hayride was rounding the corner (full of kids inside) when the wheel fell right off.  It was very funny, but like I said, not really a surprise at this place.
They were able to produce a smaller tractor shortly thereafter and take us on mini-hay rides.  Ellie saw her friend Sydney on the ride, but for the rest of the day she was with some girls from her class.
There were lots of other activities- mini-golf, riding razor scooters (one of the girls in our group had never ridden on one before!!!), playing on a playground and playing on an old abandoned boat.  Here is Ellie with our next door neighbor, Walker.
Finally, as we were leaving, we got a picture with all of the kids from Ellie's class. 
Hmmm, when Nate is in school next year do you think I will go to all the field trips?

1 comment:

Juliana S said...

Nice to have the secure feeling of a tractor wheel falling off. Too funny! Ellis is cute as always. Glad you were able to participate.