When I was in high school, scrapbooking became really popular. I remember getting out my box of things my mom had saved for me and putting it into albums. Tammy did her own, but as was always the case, Mom worked a little on Clell's since he would never think to do his own. As we did it, we looked at all our school pictures and we noticed when Clell was a little kid that there were two years that he was wearing the same polo shirt for school pictures. Since we had so few pictures during those years, it was like the only picture we have of him for 2 years and yet he is wearing the same shirt. I remember thinking that it was a little crazy that he was wearing the same shirt for two years, and I would never do that.
Fast forward 20 years. This first picture is the school picture I had taken of Michael last year. This is the retake, the first one was even worse. I thought it was not a great picture, so last spring I went to JcPenney and had better pictures taken, in the other pictures he is wearing a different shirt. I put the new picture in the frame on my piano that has the kids yearly school pictures.
This year, when it was time to take pictures, I looked at the picture in the frame, looked at what shirt he was wearing and made sure he wore a different one for picture day. This is the shirt we picked:Funny thing is, these were also retakes as the first ones were also so bad. Well, he does look a lot better this year, and I don't think he has worn the shirt since the last picture day. Oh well, guess I need to go shopping before next picture day. Incidentally, Michael thought it was funny.


3 comments:
Ha! It happens to us all! And my oldest already has her list going of things to do/not to do when she is a mother. "good luck with that" is all I tell her.
Better you saying it than me... :)
Tammy
There are worse things that your mother does that you could evolve into doing. I say keep tossing things out and avoid the avalanche of clutter that this mother has.
Post a Comment