Thursday, April 4, 2013

Camping

Since Joe got Good Friday off, we decided to spend the extra long weekend at our land.  We went up Thursday night and stayed in the house.  Joe got up on Friday and started two huge bonfires, the pictures belong in a different post so I will tell more on that later.  Then on Friday, we invited a bunch of friends up to camp with us.  It was fun, but it did get to be a little crazy with so many people running around, and riding the 4-wheelers.  Maybe next time we will do it, but not run the 4-wheelers.
 
Recently, Adam told Joe he wanted a mini-dirt bike/motorcycle.  It was only a few days later and he got this. Both Adam and Michael ride it really well.
 Joe also recently got a new tractor upgrade.  He had bought a new tractor about a year, or maybe it was two years ago that was an upgrade from his first one.  Then he bought a backhoe to put on it, but after having it sit there for a year, he finally figured out that they wouldn't work together.  In the meantime he bought another little tractor and sold that too, so at this point, we are pretty tired of "new" tractors and their implements.  He bought this one because the backhoe was already attached.  I think it is a little bigger than the last one, but really, I can't tell.  (I'm pretty sure he can't tell either).

 Joe in his element, doesn't he look good?

The kids also had fun riding the zipline.  Its funny, it never gets used when we don't have other people there, but when we do it gets used non-stop.

 Michael found these caterpillars.  I don't know what they were doing.  Every once in a while a few would put their heads up and then move them in sync to a beat.  It was strange.
 This was our tent.  Nate didn't want to pose for a picture.
We camped with everyone else, but at 2 am I wasn't sleeping well, and I had been tossing and turning for the last hour.  I finally thought, "Why am I still laying here?" and went and crawled into my bed in the house.  A couple of hours later, Joe comes in the bedroom, turns the light on and says, "Oh sorry."  I asked him what he was doing, and he came in and said he thought I was someone else.  He then slept in the bed too.  The kids were none the wiser for the lack of parents for a few hours.

1 comment:

Hall of Halls said...

those caterpillars are cool, but freaky