Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A little help

In February, our Relief Society activity was a service auction.  One of the women auctioned off family pictures, and since Joe has lost so much weight, I wanted to document and so I jumped on that.  The pictures turned out great, but I had some fun today trying some different editing tricks on them.  I want to blow one up to 20 X 30 for the living room.  Which one would you choose?  Some of these I would never choose, but they were fun to try.
 
Also, tell me if you notice anything funny about the pictures, I did a couple of tricky things in one of them.
 












 Here's a hint:  look at the background in this one and compare it to the others:








 Nate's face is crazy in this one, but yet, that is his personality right now.

 Putting the next one in black and white makes it so the stickers on the door aren't noticeable.




In case you think I suddenly became a photoshop savant, I didn't, I just downloaded the actions from pioneer woman's blog here.  My photoshop is version 7 that Joe bought 10 years ago when he was in Russia.  There were some parts of the actions that didn't work, but overall it was great.

4 comments:

Julia said...

I like: 4,5,7,9, 11
I really like how that post turned out! I love that you took the meter out! It looks great! Darcy did such a great job! I also like the one of nate's crazy face, how does that one look in color? I can't remember the decor in your house to know if the color pictures would look better or the b/w or sepia tones would look better hanging up.

Shasta said...

I think the bottom three are my favorite pose overall! Great photoshop skills! You all look great!

Bethany said...

#4!

And unless it's a head swap (like swapping your head with one of your kids') I don't notice. But I learned from Julia what you did -- great job taking the meter out!

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

Awesome job in photoshoping that meter out. I didn't even notice it till you wrote about it. What a pro! btw, I really like number 6. You guys really stand out in this one. Reminds me, I really need to get my butt in gear with my blog. Sooo behind!