Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow!

In a very unusual turn of events, we have had "snow" three times so far this winter. The first time it didn't actually snow, it just iced everything, but they went ahead and cancelled school, so the kids got to go out and slide around on the trampoline in the ice.

 The next time it did actually snow- it was pretty cool.  Most of the snow melted when it touched the ground, but on the trampoline, there was a good amount.
 The kids got to lob snowballs over the fence to their friends who were playing on their trampoline next door.  That was pretty cool.  Behind us there were two more houses of kids and they were all playing on their trampolines too.
 There was enough snow to make snowballs, something I have never seen here.


The kids were even able to make a snowman, albeit a tiny, tiny one. 
 Then this morning we woke up to snow on the trampoline.  The kids got dressed and played in the snow until I told them it was time to go to school.  Then I "let" them walk to school.  I'm sure their teachers loved that they came to school all covered in snow.


Personally, I would like to thank all the scientists who talk so much about global warming for this extraordinarily cold winter.

No comments: