Wednesday, May 14, 2014

GT Envision

The Gifted and Talented program in our district has the GT labelled kids complete a special "envision" project each semester or year.  In theory it is great- it challenges them and has them do things they wouldn't normally do in class.  It explains in basics what is wanted and then is left up to the kids to let them figure out how to accomplish what was described.  It would be a great enrichment for the extra hours that are spent by GT kids sitting in class, bored because they finished their work ahead of time.  In reality, however, it isn't so nice.  There never seems to be enough time in class for it, so it always falls to the parents to complete the project at home.  The last thing that I need, is more homework for my kids.  Nevertheless, we did still complete them.
 
Ellie's project was to create a party.  She created a family fun party.  At our party, she had figured out what snacks we could eat on a certain budget, she made invitations, she also had a schedule of events and a craft to do.  It was cute.
 Michael's project was an environmental declaration.  He thought we should not pollute and that would help the trees to stay healthy forever.  He wrote a 5 paragraph essay/letter to a person he found on the internet (but didn't send it), he made a bumper sticker and a do and don't poster and several displays of things that were right and wrong in the environment.  He also made a cute movie, I included that below so you could watch it.  He has such a creative mind if electronics are involved.
Phew, I'm so glad these are done for the year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good video!!! Natalie and I thought it was very well done.

Pinnacle Relief Club said...

Cute. I think Ellie was the best actress in the whole production. She's a natural.

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

Very creative! I love the video!! Great job Frost family!