The first week of summer, we signed the boys up for jiu jitsu camp at the gym that Michael and Nate normally go to. The boys were less than excited about that. They thought that I was ruining their summer. I thought it would be fun, they had a lot of games and fun things planned. They also had a special anit-bully program that was designed by the Gracie-Barra family. On the last day, they had a demonstration of all the techniques that they learned in the anti-bully class. It was a good program, they gave the kids scenarios of what a bully would say or do to them, and then practiced a physical action that would get them out of the situation and in control. While they did the action, they would say, "I don't want to fight!" It seemed really useful to them, I hope they never have to use those skills, but I am glad they have them.
My boys:
Michael and Adam demonstrating one of the moves.
Another demonstration.
In addition, they also got two hours of jiu jitsu training and grappling every day. After they were so unhappy to go the first day, they came home and said they had fun. They were dragging by the end of the week, but overall I think they really enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment