Last night, about 3:00 a.m., when I was in the middle of a vivid dream (although thankfully it wasn't one I particularly cared for) I heard a little buzzing noise near my ear. It then registered that my wrist was itching pretty bad. Crap, that means there is a mosquito in my room, near my head. As I'm laying there thinking of what to do, I feel it attempt to bite inside my eyelid, and then my cheek. What do I do...I can turn the light on, waking up Joe and try to kill the thing, I can turn the fan up higher, hoping the increased breeze will discourage it from flying near me, I can cover up with the sheet or I can get up and spray myself with bug spray and then attempt to go back to sleep even though I am covered with a less than pleasant smell. I chose the cover up with the sheet. Problem was, now my brain is fully on listening and feeling for that mosquito in case it lands I can attempt to smash it. An hour and a half later, when I am just falling into a deeper sleep again, I hear it buzz by my ear again. This time I decide to turn the fan up and that sleep is more important than a few bug bites. A hour later, I hear it buzz by again, this time I can feel it has bit me on my head and my elbow. This last time I opted for sleeping on the couch....the mosquito wouldn't follow me there.
This morning I am very tired, but I only have 3 bites. Joe, who was sleeping right next to me has 0 bites. Why is that? O blood type? Pheromones? I have thinnner skin?
See, the one thing I don't like about Houston is the mosquitos!
1 comment:
That one of the things I LOVE about denver, no bugs (or humidity - I'm pretty sure you have plenty of that in Houston too!)
Post a Comment