Friday, June 5, 2009

A book from my Blog

One of the purposes I had for making this blog was to alleviate the amount of scrapbooking I did. I thought that if I could blog the day to day events of our lives and then print them in a book, that I could then scrapbook only the professional pictures and "scraps" (programs, artwork and certificates). I used to scrapbook almost all that you see on this blog for each kid, in their own scrapbook. As you can see, that was getting a little out of hand. Not only was it expensive and time consuming, it was going to end up taking up too much space. So I recently made my first book of my blog and received the finished product the other day. I used Blurb. I am very happy with the book that I received.

You start by downloading some software from their website to your computer. You can then put in that you are uploading from a blog and you give them your blog address and password, and they upload your blog to their software. You pick which posts you want to include and it puts them into book format int their software, which you use to edit offline. You can print it just like that, or you can go back and edit the format of the pages. They have many different sizes of books and qualities of covers to pick from. I picked 8X8 and the wraparound hardcover...the most expensive cover they offered. I ended up editing many pages so that I could make my pictures bigger as compared to the text. They let you pick a background for the book and a theme. Blurb does not limit the number of pictures that you can include, unlike other blog publishing companies. It was a little bit of work to format it how I wanted, but way less than making a picture book at snapfish. Overall, I felt like it was a good value. I paid $32 for the book and $8 to ship it. They are running a promotion now for free shipping, I don't know how often they run promotions. It is more than I would pay for a photobook, but way cheaper than scrapbooking and extremely convenient to upload your blog. It arrived after about 1 1/2 weeks.

If you are interested, you are welcome to come take a look at my book!

3 comments:

Koni Frost said...

Looks great! I want to see it when I come over. NICE JOB!!! :)

Holly said...

I also thinks it looks great! I had heard about those, but never knew what to expect. You have inspired me to blog more often. Thanks for the info!

Juliana S said...

Wow! This is the reason I started blogging in the beginning and then I thought it was not available. Thanks. I'll look at your book next week. lv mom