...in weight. It's official, this morning Joe weighed in 27 pounds lighter than when he started his diet at the end of August. (That is how much Nate weighs). Nate is a lot of weight to lug around when I am walking around everyday, so I can attest to the fact that that is a LOT of weight! Doesn't he look great? Joe looks really good skinny.

How did he do it? He started with a 40 day cycle of the
hCG diet. Briefly,
hCG is the hormone that women secrete when they are pregnant. When you take this hormone and you are not pregnant, it causes your body to release your fat stores to use as energy. He found that when he was taking the hormone, he would only eat about 500 calories a day, and yet he never got headaches and wasn't feeling hungry all the time. He still had cravings and the desire to eat, but he didn't feel low energy like he needed to eat or he would be ill. The side effects that we noticed were that he was more moody (just like me when I am pregnant) and by the end of the day he would be exhausted...so that he couldn't do all the extra projects that he usually does. We found he did actually need more sleep too.
His 40 day cycle ended and he had lost 22 pounds. Part of the diet is that after your hormone cycle, you eat minimal
carbs for the next 6 weeks. For Joe, he has put himself on the quick weight loss center diet, very similar to the south beach diet. He is not starving himself, just not eating
carbs. Since he started the
maintenance, he has lost another 5 pounds (its been about 2 1/2 weeks. We like to call it the "Quick Nate Loss Center Diet!"
Here's a snap shot of him shortly before he went on a diet...so you could compare:
2 comments:
Hi- I wish I could "lose" Natalie-- that would be a good start to weight loss!
Tammy
I have been so behind on blogging so I have been catching up a bit and awhile ago you did a post about legos...my boys love legos too but I am nervous now that Lucy is starting to move that she will put them in her mouth. What did you do for this when Nate was littler...any advice?
Post a Comment