Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Decorating the Christmas Tree
For FHE last night, we decorated our tree. We have a lovely fake tree that, unfortunately, is not prelit. I worked really hard last Friday trying to get a deal on a prelit tree, but I did not beat the 5 million other crazed shoppers out and about and I didn't get one. As a result, I spent an hour and a half on Saturday stringing lights along the tree. Then I put the ribbons where I wanted them on the tree, and then we let the kids decorate. They were excited all day, thinking about decorating the tree. Once I let them go, it took about 15 minutes and they were done.
I reminded them that they would need to put the breakable ornaments above Nate's reach. That is why they are climbing on chairs to get to top. While we were decorating the tree, Nate found a couple of ball ornaments (that weren't breakable thankfully) and went to the kitchen and spent the time throwing them, retrieving them and doing it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute happy little people. What a fun FHE.
Ah, so fun! I guess you'll have to find a pre-lit tree AFTER Christmas! There should be a MOM tree that's all pretty the way we like it, and a KID tree that they can just go nuts on!
funny... they are catching on. My girls only got as far as setting up the tree... the trampoline with friends was more fun than putting on the bulbs. So, 15 minutes is pretty good! :) Tree looks beautiful.
Post a Comment