Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nate Nate Nate

Just a few tidbits about Nate. He is a very intense child. Everyone else can be awake in the morning and quietly doing their thing, but as soon as he wakes up he starts talking or whining very loudly so that I think maybe the whole block can hear him. He is really starting to take off in his talking and he often has a lot to say. Having three older siblings makes the things that come out of his mouth so much more interesting. A few days ago in the car Michael was singing and Nate said...."Mom, mom... Ichael being nnoying." (Michael is being annoying.) Its hard not to laugh when he does things like that.
Overall, he is quite a funny kid. He thinks he's about 10 and that he can do anything that the other kids can do so he often tries to do it. Amazingly he often succeeds. The other day I was out front talking to the neighbors and he wanted to play with his tricycle. I was only planning to be outside for a few minutes and didn't want to lug it all the way around front from the backyard. I continued talking to the neighbor and the next thing I know he comes riding down the driveway on his tricycle. It can't have been an easy task to get it to there, but it was important enough for him that he did it.
He is always making us laugh with the funny things he does. I didn't know that being "funny" could be innate, but somehow this kid just has a funny sense of humor. People around us are always commenting on how funny he is, and honestly I think he is quite funny too.
He is potty training, and mostly doing well. He doesn't like to have wet or dirty pants and hasn't since he was little so that is helping. Potty training as far as I am concerned always takes a while, but maybe because we start earlier than most.
He had an amazing sense of direction. We will be driving around town and he will look out the window and ask if we are going somewhere that is close to where we are. He also is really good at finding his way around places like the church (many adults get lost in the church) or the library.
He sure is sweet and we are glad that we have him!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

i haven't been on here in awhile - he is getting SO big!