We finally used our sun oven the other day for dinner....we had a venison roast that we tried in it. Outside it was
mid- 70's and mostly sunny.

Joe cut the meat up and added onions, soy sauce and he was supposed to add
Worcester sauce but we were out.

He also added cream of mushroom soup.

Then he stuck it in the oven in the middle of our backyard. The internal temperature of the oven was 250 degrees.

We got ready and left for church. When we got back, the day was partly cloudy and the internal temperature of the oven was 175 degrees
Fahrenheit. We let it cook another hour (total of 6) and then we brought it in.

It was cooked perfectly. It tasted great (it probably would have tasted better if I actually liked venison.)

It's pretty neat that it actually worked...the sun cooked our roast!
4 comments:
thats really cool
That is awesome. I have got to get one of those ovens!
Very cool- we should get one too since it's so sunny all the time here!
That's great! I can't wait to try ours out.
Post a Comment