Monday, July 18, 2011

4-Wheelers at the Cabin

One of our favorite things to do at the cabin is to ride 4-wheelers. Now the kids are getting bigger, it is harder to take them all with us.
This year I was smart about it and wore a helmet. Luckily, I never needed to use it.
In the mountains around Panguitch Lake, there are a lot of ATV trails. You can just jump on a 4-wheeler and go on a several hour ride. There are many scenic trails, it is so beautiful up there.

One day we went on a 4- hour drive and ended up at a reservoir called Red Reservoir.

You could ride your 4-wheeler along the dam to see the spillway. The boys had to run down to the bottom. It was so far and so steep I was nervous about it, but Joe thought it was no big deal.
The tradition is to go to the general store afterwards and get some ice cream. The kids LOVE it.

2 comments:

sheena said...

Glad you wore a helmet! looks fun. I think moms worry about their kids getting hurt more then dads because we went through a lot to get their little bodies here and don't want anything to happen to them! Dads are like, eh, I did it when I was little and I survived.

Hall of Halls said...

What a fun day. I love 4 wheeler rides & ice-cream.