The kids had never been on a real train before, so this was a good experience for them. We also took Grandpa Frost and Grandma Lucy with us.
I didn't read the fine print and do the math before we left, but the train moved at top speed, 40 m.p.h. The kids quickly got bored. We did walk down between cars and get a snack while traveling. The train also had some on board entertainment- there was a guitar player on the way up and this really funny accordion/harmonica player on the way back. The kids all got themselves a tiny harmonica to take with them (which they all seem to have lost now).
This cowboy was holding Adam hostage.
We did enjoy seeing the grand canyon. I was very glad that Grandpa and Lucy were there to help me because the railings at the Grand Canyon were more suggestions than actually fall-preventing fences. I figured the older kids were fine, but Nate wanted to stick his head through and look really close and get around the railing. He also thought it might be fun to climb on the rocks that had no railings. It was nice to see the Grand Canyon, but it was stressful too, making sure everyone was safe.
We even went on a short hike down into the Grand Canyon. The hike continued on for many miles, and the boys were disappointed that they didn't get to keep going, but it was fun to be on it while we did.
1 comment:
What a fun trip! It is always great to have grandparents along for good company & help with the kids. I get nervous to take Marlee there in fear of her life, so it is good to know that if I do go with her...I should have some extra adults around. We took that train before-it is such a great idea, but I do wish it went faster.
Post a Comment