Tuesday, July 12, 2011

White Water Rafting, Kids Included

My parents took us on a white water rafting trip on the Sevier River. We all fit into one boat with the guide and two other men who worked for the guide company, but not guiding rafts. It was nice to have them along because they did a lot of the rowing work and kept Adam between them and entertained.
We got really wet on the trip. This is a nice action photo of the wetness.

Adam didn't think it would be fun before we got there, and then after the safety orientation he was a little worried (we all were, I think that was the point of the safety talk), but once we got going he REALLY enjoyed it. It was nice to have him be so excited about something.






Check out this series of three pics. My favorite part is that Adam is so happy, he has such a big smile on his face:




...and another one:




Ellie and Michael sat in the back between Grammie and Grandpa. There was no chance that they were falling out. Ellie was scared most of the time, Michael started out not liking it, I think he was a little scared, but he ended up really enjoying it.

I sat on the side of the raft between rows. My biggest job was not to fall in, and to hold Nate'shand and keep him from crying. Luckily, I didn't have to row. That was pretty nice. We got up to class 3 rapids. When we hit the first set, I fell into the raft. After that, I let myself fall in easily each time because I didn't want to end up in the river. The water was pretty darn cold. You can see Nate on the floor of the raft in this picture.






1 comment:

Hall of Halls said...

Love those photos! Totally wish we were on that trip-looks like such a blast!