Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

We started our Christmas celebration with a dinner and nativity on Christmas Eve.  This is my favorite thing that we do in the Christmas season. I'm not sure the kids like it as well as I do.  We had all of the kids do a "talent" first.  Nate did a somersault, Ellie did a perfect backbend into a bridge then a walkover.  Michael played "Oh, Christmas Tree on the Piano," and Adam, after being upset about it all evening and thinking he had no talents, did a dive roll.  It was rainy outside, otherwise there were different talents that the boys wanted to show that involved the trampoline.
Then we did our nativity reenactment.  Nathan was Joseph and Kate was Mary and we had 5 angels (Ellie was one) and 3 shepards and one wise man (Nate).  The kids begrudgingly got in their "costumes."  Nate was really cute, but as soon as we started the program he kept taking his costume off. Silly boy.



 That night, the kids all got to open one present.  Turns out they got matching pjs.  I got some that matched Ellie's too!
 The next morning, we told the kids that they could get up at 6, but no earlier.  Joe told the boys that if they wanted to, they could get up earlier and look but then they had to go back to bed...they got up at 2:30 and peeked.
The kids loved all their gifts. Michael was a little sad that Santa didn't get him an I-pod touch even though we told him that Santa wouldn't.  Adam was super excited because I finally relented and said that we could get a dog.  We will definitely post more about this, but we are getting a mini Australian shepard.  We have one picked out, but it is too small to bring home, we can bring it home in a few weeks.  The boys get to go see it today and Adam is VERY excited.


 I got a new SLR camera, now I have to figure out how to use it. I also got a basic kindle, Joe knows about my constant reading.  Adam gave me this turtle ring I am showing.
 The boys got the funniest thing from their Nana and Bampy.  They are called bubble bellies.  They look like this:
 They played on the trampoline with them and Michael hit the ground- look:  Nate was just unhappy because I told him to get off the trampoline so the boys could play. 
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Hall of Halls said...

love the bubble bellies & your family pics. it was fun seeing Joe recently.