This is how decorating the Christmas tree works in our house. First I put up the pre-lit, synthetic tree. Until last year it wasn't prelit. That was a nice change. The kids helped me put up the tree, it took 10 minutes. Then I usually lay all of the ornaments out on the couch like this:
This year, the kids were so anxious I let them lay them out on the couch while I cooked dinner. (Maybe one of these years they can cook dinner while I lay out the decorations.) I put a few red bows on the tree, then we set them loose to decorate.There was a mad dash to be able to put as many ornaments on as possible, Michael figured out he could hold one ornament per finger, thus having 10 ornaments to put up per trip.
At the end, Joe attempted to put the star on. He claimed it wouldn't go on, so I had to do it for him, but he did pose for the picture. (We used the same star last year, why wouldn't it work this year?)The kids did such a good job, I didn't have to redecorate for them.
Another day, we did the gingerbread house. Usually I do the frosting and they stick the candy on. I got wise this year and "let" Adam do most of the frosting.
Close up. My favorite part is the candy-cane fence.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment