Tuesday, January 10, 2012

French Doors

We just finished the last big project on the inside of our lake house.  I am so excited, it seems like it has been a never-ending endeavor.  In the downstairs there was a sliding glass door.  It was nice to look out of, but it was really old and made a loud scraping noise whenever it was opened or closed.  We decided we would prefer to have french doors there.  This is the door before we took it out.
Outside view of the same door.  It wouldn't look so bad if the screen wasn't so ratty.
Joe taking out the old door.  The house used to be painted green, years before we bought it.  Although I don't love the color now, I do think it is a vast improvement over green.
With the doors removed.  We had premeasured the door and it fit perfectly, but when we put it up next to the hole, we found we had to open the hole up by three inches on one side.  Not fun, but not impossible either.  Luckily, top to bottom was a perfect fit.
Inside view after.  Yes we do have an orange cone randomly sitting around outside, I don't know why.
The other view of the doors from the inside.  Joe will put trim up around them like he has around all the other windows in the downstairs.
The view from the outside.  He also has to put trim up here. 
Ya, for all the big projects being done, next we get to work on the outside, hopefully it won't be as exhausting.

4 comments:

Juliana S said...

Looks like a dream house on a lake to me. Very well done Joe.

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

All that hard work has paid off. Everything looks beautiful!

kevandcan said...

Love it!

Beca said...

It really looks amazing. I love a good makeover story. It's been fun to see the transformation via your blog.