Its that time again, time for the end of the school year at gymnastics. The kids had their Olympic day again where we all got to go into the gym with them and see up close what they have been learning and take pictures. Unfortunately, a lot of the action shots got blurry, but my kids have really learned a lot this year. The boys have learned a ton- their best trick is a roundoff-back handspring, but they are not gutsy enough to do it unless the coach is spotting them. Both Adam and Michael have been invited to join the boys team in the fall, at level 5. We are still undecided as to whether they are going to do it or try something else. We will decide in August, I am letting them take the summer off. If they decide to do it, they will be in the gym 5 hours a week and occasionally have a meet on a Saturday- but not until January or February. Adam's strengths are on the bars and rings. Michael is really good at flips, handsprings and head stands (all floor exercises). Adam has well developed "4-pack" almost 6-pack abs. Michael is all muscle on his bony little body.
These next three pictures show a very blurry back handspring by Michael.
The boys and their coach, coach Matt.
Ellie loves gymnastics. I have her in both gymnastics and dance and she by far prefers gymnastics. Since I don't care at all if she ever does sports like soccer or volleyball, I want her to have more experience with both before she tries to focus on one. She is in an invitation-only class and I just found out a few weeks ago that she is actually in the wrong class- she is by far the youngest in her class and there is another class for the younger kids, but she keeps up just fine and enjoys it. Her strengths are the bars and trampoline.
Ellie and her coach, coach Becky.
I'm so proud of my little gymnasts.
1 comment:
Very nice. Good work for them all. Good dedication kids!
Post a Comment