It's hard to believe, but our little Nate is 4 now! We started the day by opening presents. He was so excited to open presents, and loved all the presents that he got.
A little later on in the day, however, he assured me that I got the wrong things and that he wanted more Legos-in fact, ALL of the police legos he saw on the pamphlet that came with the Legos he got.
We went and got him balloons- 4, one for each year. He was pretty good about not letting them go to the ceiling, but later on that evening he released the one that will last a while and it is currently in our entryway where it is two stories high.
I had several ideas for a party for him-to go fishing with Daddy on the big boat, but "No," he didn't want to go on the big boat. Then I thought I could throw him a small friend party during the day. No, he didn't want to have a friend party, just his family. He specified- Mom, Dad, Adam and Michael, ( I figured Ellie would be coming too). Two days before his birthday he changed his mind and said he wanted a friend party, but with all of the end of school events I decided that just wasn't going to happen. He got to pick his dinner: bacon and eggs-fried not scrambled.
We made treats for the "party"- tractor lollipops:Cookie pops:
He blew out his candles:
And enjoyed eating them:
While I am on the subject, here are Nate's 4 year pictures. He really has grown up a bunch in the last year.
He has very strong opinions about things. If he doesn't want something or like something, he has no qualms with not doing it. He takes his role as baby very seriously, telling me all the time that he is too small to do what I am asking him. When I explain that, "no, he is a big boy," he emphatically tells me that he is not big, he's little.
His favorite color is still orange. He always picks the orange candy or popsicle and prefers to wear his shirts that have orange in them. He loves to play with Legos. Everyday I give him an hour to an hour and a half of quiet time, and quite often he goes upstairs and builds "ships" that he gives to Adam and Michael when they come home from school. His favorite show is Superwhy, but he also likes Team Oomie Zoomie and Dora. He HATES Sesame Street. He is quite an independent child, if he decides he wants to do something, he will go off and do it. It never occurs to him to get permission to do whatever it is.
He loves to be around his daddy. He also likes to be around me. So much that sometimes he doesn't like to go to preschool because I am going to leave him for 3 hours. Apparently he gets over it fairly quickly.
He still is the siblings favorite- how can he not be with that twinkle in his eyes?
We sure love him and are happy he is part of our family!






No comments:
Post a Comment