Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

I don't usually highlight my own birthday, but I got a couple of cute pictures, so I thought I would post them.  The kids all got me home decorations from Down East Basics online for my birthday.  Several of them were plastic cacti for putting in pots.  Before I opened them, I asked Nate what he had gotten me, purposely trying to mess with him to see if he would say.  He knows he's not supposed to but he's not so good at it.  He thought for a second and said, "It's not a cactus."  I laughed to myself since I knew I had asked for a cactus.  He then said, "No, that's not right, its not girly stuff."  Turns out, I did get a cactus.

 After I got all the presents, Ellie decided to arrange them around me and take a picture.  I know this last one is so inappropriate, but it is so funny....she didn't get why.  Um, nice...."plant."

2 comments:

Hall of Halls said...

Happy Birthday. You are so pretty! I love Down East. I love how some kids can't keep a secret.

Bethany said...

Happy birthday! And I agree -- you look beautiful in all those birthday pics!

Looks like you had a great summer, and I can't believe how much older Nate looks than he did when I found your blog -- especially in the 4-wheeler picture!