Michael's birthday was last week. When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he said, "well you aren't going to get me what I want, so I don't know what to ask for." It's true, he really wants an Ipod Touch and I am not going to give him one for a LONG time. He did say he wanted a Lego airplane set, so we got him that. At least he gets to build something and we can store it on his shelves with the 500 other lego creations they have.
For the kids birthdays, I bring them lunch at their school. Michael chose Chic-fil-a. He didn't want brownies or cookies or cake for his birthday, so we just did ice cream with the candles. It is a little tricky to get 9 candles to stand upright in ice cream that is melting. We sang fast.
Michael is by far my easiest child. He obeys, he gets good grades, he rarely complains, he isn't usually in the middle of the fights. He LOVES to read. I cannot find books fast enough for him to read- in the past year he has read the Harry Potter series, the Gregor the Overlander Series, the Little House on the Prairie series, the Lion the Witch, and the Wardrobe series, the Percy Jackson series, as much of the Heroes of Olympus books as are out, and the Ranger's Apprentice series. He will get a book and read through it so fast. I do occasionally ask him follow up questions to make sure he is getting what he reads, and sure enough, he answers all of them, so I know he is.
He mostly likes school, but he HATES homework. He also hates to write. If anyone tries to get him to write, he will sit there until the last possible minute and then scribble something out quickly just to get it done. He loves to walk on his hands- he can walk halfway across the room, he also can just stand on his hands for about 30 seconds, and he is starting to do pushups while doing a hand stand. He loves Minecraft and anything electronic. He loves to play with friends, and tries to get me to allow him to have friends over any chance he can.
I don't have a current school picture of him because when they told him to smile he showed his teeth, but not in a smile, so we are trying to get retakes taken. We sure love our Michael.
No comments:
Post a Comment