This morning I took the kids ice skating at the mall where they have a temporary rink set up. Usually I make Joe go with me, but he hates it so much that I thought it might be easier to go without him so I didn't have to hear about how much he dislikes it. I did have another friend with me, so that helped entertain the kids. I took turns going around one by one with each kid. They really enjoyed that until they practiced enough to skate by themselves.
Nate had a special walker that helped him to skate by himself. At the beginning he was falling over all the time, but he was laughing the whole time, so at least he enjoyed himself. By the end, he could skate without falling, but only for a short while. Adam pushed him around a few times on the walker.The friend that I went with has a son that is Michael's age. They spent a lot of time playing.
All the bigger boys: Adam, Benjamin, Alexander and Michael
Ellie was the bravest of the skaters. After a couple of times around holding onto the edge and few times around holding onto me, she would skate by herself in the middle, it was pretty amazing.
Wow, that went pretty well, we will definitely have to do it again next year.
2 comments:
Looks like fun; but maybe you should go back this year, while everyone is doing the upright position. They may have forgotten by next year.
fun...I stink at ice skating, but I need to go sometime & take my kiddos.
Post a Comment