Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nate is Silly

Nate has said some pretty crazy things lately.  Its funny to see the way his mind works.  We were driving the other day and he asked why candles don't work.  I asked him what he meant and he wondered why birthday candles don't work when you wish on them.  I was feeling pretty bad because the poor kid had some wish that he wished that never came true, so I asked him what he wished for that he never got...."a real wand," he said!  Then a few days later he decided that he must not have really asked for one that was why he never got one so he was going to wish for one for his birthday, and by the way, when is my birthday!
 Another day, we were in Walgreens waiting in line for some prescriptions.  He asked if the Walgreens had a bathroom, and I said that it did, it was right over there.  He then asked if the bathroom had a portal.  I was sure he didn't know what he was saying, so I asked what he would do with a portal- he said he would travel to the "nether," and yes, he did have a twinkle in his eyes when he said it. 
 We were eating lunch one day and there was a girl strutting around so that she would get noticed.  Nate asked me, " Mom, why do some  girls have their bum go side to side."  That was a little hard to explain.
 Another day, we were driving in the car and Nate asked how do babies get in Mommy's tummy.  I've had this conversation with some of the other kids when they were about Nate's age, so I was prepared to just give a basic answer- it grows from a seed.  "But how does the seed get in there?"  Daddy puts it in there, "But how does Daddy put it in there..."  Never had one of the other kids kept asking after the first question.  I finally had to tell him he has to wait until he is older to find out.  He kept asking in different ways, but I didn't answer, and luckily, after we got home he forgot he wanted to know.
 He is always asking me a ton of questions while we drive places.  Quite often they are well thought out questions that involve a detailed answer.  Usually I can answer him, but sometimes when I am stressed I can't think of the answer at the minute and I have to not answer.  He definitely is ready for school, hopefully he doesn't ask too many questions of his teacher next year.



3 comments:

Juliana S said...

It's nice to have a mommy with all the answers-well almost all the answers. It's great that he is inquisitive too.

Anonymous said...

He, like your other boys, is sooo handsome!

Tammy

Sylvia said...

He is so much fun to have at school. I'm sure his teacher will love having him as inquisitive minds are bright minds! And Nate is as bright as they come. LOVE HIM!!