Wednesday, April 24, 2013

T-ball

Nate just finished playing t-ball with his cousin, Will. 
 









He was pretty excited to start playing at the beginning of the season, but by the end, he wasn't very interested in playing.  It was really fun to see the kids play- on the first day on the way to practice I was trying to explain the rules to Nate.  I explained how when it was his turn he would hit the ball and then he would run to bases- 1st base, then 2nd base, then 3rd base, and then finally he would run home.  He starting chuckling and said, "Really, Mom?"  I was a little distracted so I repeated it, and he laughed some more, and said "really?"  I finally "got it" and explained that home base was another base, not home where we lived.   We all laughed at that.  So many times the kids would do something funny like hit the ball and then run after it, or run to the wrong base.  They quickly figured out the sliding into home base rule, and they made sure they did it every time.
Nate and Will
All the Mormon boys, Samuel, Nate, Will and Cooper. 

The last day I didn't wash Nate's pants before t-ball since tball was a couple of days before.  (I only do laundry once a week if I can help it).  He started talking about me washing his pants, and then he explained that I was never supposed to wash his pants so the stains from sliding into home would always be noticeable.  Apparently one of the other little boys explained that that was how it was supposed to go.  Cute boys!

1 comment:

Juliana S said...

Nice photos. Looks like they all ended up having a great time.