Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cabin Crafts

One of the kids favorite things to do while at the cabin is crafts.  Probably because it is one time that someone will drop everything they are doing in order to sit down with the kids and do a craft.  This year we branched out a little as compared to the last few years.  One of the first crafts we made was worry dolls.  The tradition is that in south America somewhere you would make a doll, tell it your worries and put it under your pillow at night and then you wouldn't have to worry about it all night.  We just made them for fun.  This is our family.  Starting from left to right is Nate to Joe.  Everyone made their own except Nate who only did a little and Joe who probably wasn't there.
Close up of Michael.  Aren't his glasses a riot?
Grammie made Grandpa and Grammie.  Notice that Grandpa has suspenders and a belt on.
 
Ellie made this one.  I think the curly hair is really pretty.

Another day, Grammie and I made flower fairies.  I think the technical name for them is Waldorf fairies. On this project, we weren't as nice to let the kids do it too.  It was fun to make the fairies.  I ended up making 3, and Grammie made 2. They are made basically out of pipe cleaners wrapped in embroidery floss with a fake flower on the bottom.  Ellie has these in her room now, I think they are really cute.


 Another day we made dog tag necklaces.  Nate made one too, but he threw it at me in the car (typical Nate behavior), so it wasn't available for the picture.
 In addition, the kids made personalized visors, perler bead projects, bird feeders out of peanut butter and seeds, beaded bobbie pins and I am sure there is something else, but I have now forgotten.  They LOVED it.  Now the hunt for projects for next year begins, so exciting.



No comments: