Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tennis

This spring, Adam and a couple of his friends have been going to the tennis courts to play tennis now and again.  He said he liked it, so we decided to try to find tennis lessons for him.  We found some in the next neighborhood over, and so in May he and Michael took tennis lessons for a couple times a week.  Then this summer, they both did a couple of weeks at a tennis camp in our neighborhood- which was 9-11 for four days.  The last week, Ellie got to try to do it too. 
 
Adam picked it up quick and is doing really well at it.  He can now lob the ball back and forth over the net for about 20 swings.  Michael took a little longer to get up to speed, but by the end of the second camp, he was doing a lot better.  Ellie really enjoyed herself.  She got to where she could hit the ball pretty consistently.
 


 
The last day of camp, the coach let Nate and I practice too.  Nate got practice trying to hit the ball, and got to where he hit it when pitched by a coach almost every time.  I found I could actually hit the ball too, which was a relief because I didn't want to be horrible in front of all my kids.
 The girls.

No comments: