Saturday, January 18, 2014

Christmas

Instead of breaking it into several posts like I have in the past, I am just going to make one big Christmas post.  This year was super busy and with my surgery and the cruise we went on, the Christmas season was just too short.   Thanksgiving weekend, we decorated the Christmas tree.  I had more time before Thanksgiving, but Joe wouldn't let me touch the Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving.  I couldn't do much because of my shoulder surgery, so mostly I just sat back and let the kids decorate.  They didn't mind.





We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.  It is one of my favorite traditions, especially when we make the kids reenact the nativity scene.  My kids humored me once again this year.  They don't really have much of a flair for the dramatic, but they followed along pretty well.


And, in anticipation of Christmas, the kids got to open one present the night before- they all got new PJ's.

Christmas morning brought lots of nice surprises.
Joe got a new bunny. He wasn't sure if he would like it, but he named her "Mo."  She is going to be an indoor bunny, but in a cage indoor.


Last year, two days before Christmas, Adam said he wanted an Xbox.  It was a little late at that point, but we looked into it and found they were making a new Xbox this year.  So all year he has been wanting the Xbox.  He was so excited when he got it, he fell over!  (Grandpa Frost was here visiting too).
Nate got a big Lego set.  It took him a couple of weeks to put together, but he did it almost all by himself.  The side of the box said 8 and up, so I was pretty proud of him.



This year the kids also made a gingerbread house.  Somehow I missed the before picture, but they enjoyed tearing it apart and eating it after New Years.
We had a great Christmas, hope you did too!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I miss doing Christmas Eve dinner and acting out the nativity with you guys!