Friday, August 8, 2014

Temple Square

Sometime in the past year, the kids asked me if someday they could go visit Salt Lake and see Temple Square.  The cabin is only 3-4 hours away, so I told them we would go this summer.  We took a couple of days and drove up to Salt Lake so the kids could see what it was like.  Our first stop was Temple Square.

 We saw the old conference center and then went on a tour of the new conference center.  The last time I was there, they were building it.
 As we were walking away, I told the kids to go sit on the side of this fountain so I could take a picture.  I turned around and was telling my mom about the time I was at Market Street meeting a friend for lunch and Nate fell into the fountain.  I turned around just to see Nate peeking his head up from falling in the fountain.  Apparently, he accidentally fell in, assisted by Michael.
He wasn't too happy about that.

 Luckily, we had a change of clothes in the car, so he could get dry clothes.  We saw an angel Moroni statue in the church history museum, and the kids liked that.

We really enjoyed all the displays and sights!

1 comment:

Pinnacle Relief Club said...

That was the day Michael "accidentally" caused trouble for anyone within arm's distance. Luckily Nate was the only one who ended up drenched!