Here are some pictures of my cute kids ready to go to church:
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
2:00 Church
This year we have the 2:00 time block for church. 2:00 is not a nice time for church, especially since it takes close to 1/2 hour to get there. We leave at 1:30 and arrive home at 5:30. 1:30 is too early for kids to get a good (or any really) nap in. When this year started I was not at all excited about the time, I figured it would be like all the other years and we would putter around the house, go to church, come home, eat, go to bed. After this year started, however, I have found that I really enjoy church at this time. It allows for our family to have an actual day of rest. We can sleep in, and then spend the morning being laid back and relaxing. I know this doesn't sound like anything special, but we have been so busy the past year with our houses, moving, new baby and trying to work on our property. Sunday comes around and I am just exhausted. We can use the day to regroup and not "have" to do anything. In past years Sunday has not been any more restful than other days, but we have not been so busy doing physical labor (or projects as Joe likes to call them) as we have this year. So for this year, I can honestly say that 2:00 church has been a blessing.
Here are some pictures of my cute kids ready to go to church:

Here are some pictures of my cute kids ready to go to church:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I always enjoy afternoon church for the reasons you stated. Sleeping in, relaxing. It feels more like a day of rest for me that way too. We have church early right now. It is painful and I don't think we have as much time together.
Good for you for seeing the good in 2 pm church. I don't think I would be able to see past the children bawling on the floor in sacrament meeting because they are so tired.
I love 2:00 pm church! I'm one of the few, but it worked great for us. This 8:30 am time is killing me!
Clell would not be so excited about a 2pm church. Your kids look so happy and cute in their Sunday clothes though.
Your blog is nice.
Please visit.
http://spyfu123.blogspot.com
http://what-mobiles.blogspot.com
http://gen-reading.blogspot.com
http://amazi.blogspot.com
http://howtobuymobilephone.blogspot.com
http://mymobilerainbow.blogspot.com
http://mc-mobilenet.blogspot.com
http://adsbrite.blogspot.com
http://alphainvention.blogspot.com
http://free-articles-reading.blogspot.com
http://mobile-gift-xpango.blogspot.com
Post a Comment