Tuesday, March 10, 2009

He won, he won, Adam really really won!

Adam's school had a rodeo/ carnival last Friday night. We all went (we walked...it took 4 minutes...I LOVE living so close to the school). The kids had a blast... there was carnival food- hot dogs, burgers, soda, popcorn, cotton candy and snow cones. There were also a lot of games. The kids could play in bouncy houses, get their faces (and hair) painted, bowl, play tug of war, go fishing...just tons of fun for the kids. They had a blast. When we were getting ready to go, we had one ticket left so while I stood in line for snow cones, Joe walked over with Adam and let him pick a basket from the basket raffle for him to put his ticket in. The whole way home, Adam talked about how he couldn't wait until the morning when they would call him to tell him he won. We explained that that could happen, but probably wouldn't.
Fast forward to Monday. Saturday and Sunday Ellie and Nate were super sick, but Adam and Michael were fine. I get a call in the morning, someone from Broadway Elementary asking if Adam is my son (shooot, I'm going to have another sick kid). No, they wanted to let me know that Adam's name was drawn for the boy toy basket! We rushed over and picked it up and then waited for him to get home so he could open it up!
He was so excited! There were so many neat things in it: Bakugan and Pokemon cards, football cards, two nerf footballs, a nice whiffle ball set, connect 4 game, Shrek 2 video, a set of noisy cars, a kite.... and many more things.

The boys spent all afternoon looking at the toys and playing with them. This is Adam with his loot.
Sorry the picture is so bad, I had to try and play bouncer to 4 kids (we were watching another one) while I took a picture. Anyway, its the first time Adam's ever won anything...way to go Adam!