Ellie just got into her big girl bed when we moved into this house last August. Grammie made a special quilt for her bed that is very pink:
Thursday, March 5, 2009
My New Quilts
My Mom is a quilter. She is a fabulous quilter, and if she loves you enough she will make whatever you request in whatever size you want. I always want something that has small pieces, uniform colors, and is quite large, so after the first few blocks, she often is bored with my quilts. She just finished the most wonderful quilt for me:
She even has a long arm quilting machine, so she and my dad even machine quilt it themselves. While I was in Vegas, they finished this for me. Isn't it great? We put the quilt on our bed and turned the lights out for the night and I looked over and saw something strange on the quilt. I turned the lights on and off again, and sure enough, my mom had quilted in a glow in the dark piece. It is black with white glow in the dark eyes, and it is right in the middle of the quilt Great quilt, huh? (On a side note, Joe made the beautiful bed for me).
Ellie just got into her big girl bed when we moved into this house last August. Grammie made a special quilt for her bed that is very pink:
Ellie just got into her big girl bed when we moved into this house last August. Grammie made a special quilt for her bed that is very pink:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That quilt is beautiful I love how it complements the colors of your bedroom but isn't too matchy matchy. LOVE IT!
Love the quilts your mom made. They came out beautiful! And Joe did an amazing job on that bed. Very impressive.
Is everything homemade at the Frost house? Just joking! Love the pink quilt. Gorgeous.
Post a Comment