Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Projects

Since we moved into our new house, last August, I have had the chance to do several projects around the house. This house has been fun because we had it built so I had 8 months to think of what I wanted to do where in the house. (It only took them 6 months to build the house, but it was two more months for us to sell our old house so we could buy this one). Of course, it has taken me quite a while to get the projects done that I had been planning for this house, but it is fun to do.

This first one is in our gameroom. I have never before decorated our gameroom, but there is a large area above the couch, so I thought it would be fun to put these pictures up (recognize them, they are the same as on the side of my blog!)
Here are the fun curtains I made for the gameroom. I don't have blinds in there because we have this cute bay window and I didn't want to block out all of the light with blinds that I would never use. Nobody lives behind us (there is an elementary school there) so I don't need the privacy. I made curtains that could be put down to block the light if we want to watch a movie, but otherwise are up.
These cute curtains are in Ellie's room. She has two little square windows in one wall and I wanted to do something cute and girly with them...this is what we ended up with:
This last one is in the area where we put our shoes. We had to have a big shoe area because we have a lot of shoes and they take over if there is not a nice place to put them. I thought a wall quote would be a cute use of the space. We (Joe and I) settled on this one because we thought it is a good statement that the kids could think about daily as they got ready to go out of the house!
I have about 500 more projects that I want to do, and hopefully, one of these days I will get around to actually doing them!