Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

These are my sweet children, all ready for church this afternoon on Mother's Day! They were feeling silly hence the funny faces.

Each of my children is so different, and I have such different feelings toward each of them. I love them each so much, but they enrich my life in such different ways.

Nate is pure joy at this age. He is so loving, and I love how when I enter the room, his face lights up because it is ME, his mom. His smile is so contagious it makes me happy. He loves to crawl up to me and have me pick him up, and give me loves. He loves to be in the middle of whatever I am doing, if I'm typing- he wants to type, if I'm reading he wants to play with the book. He is very busy, but I love to watch him discover all of the things around him.

Michael is my sweet boy. When we were taking pictures, he is the child that curled up most to me and put his head up to me to be close. He is a funny kid, always amazing me with the brillant things that he comes up with. He doesn't want to be left out, and is good at making sure that I don't forget about him.


Adam is my sweet example. He is a great peacemaker for our family, he has such a good heart and he is always looking for things to do to make other people happy. He often gives up what he wants if it will make someone else not be sad. If everyone opts to go with daddy or ride with daddy in the truck, he often chooses to stay behind with me so that I won't feel bad. He is tender and will come up and rub on me when I am feeling tired or sad.

Ellie is just a great girl. She definitely likes her own attention, and if she doesn't get it, then she finds way of demanding it. She will crawl right into my lap, or like this morning, lay right on top of me so that she can make sure that I am giving her the attention she needs. She loves to have her hair stroked, and loves to have her nails painted. She really doesn't like to have her hair done though, because that might hurt and often takes her away from cartoons. She likes to watch what I do and then I can see her playing mommy later and I can tell that she will be a great loving mommy.



And this is my mom. She doesn't like her picture taken, she would much rather be on the other side of the camera. She is probably my best friend, and I am so glad that I have her, and that she and I get along. It is nice to be able to talk to her whenever- she retired this year, and I am so glad because now I can call her during the day. She is also a peacemaker in our family, and I have really noticed that with her lately. I really am so grateful that I had her as a mom, I love you mom!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

You are a wonderful mom and have terrific children!

That is a fun photo of your mom.

Koni Frost said...

You do have GREAT kids! and you are such a GREAT Mom!