Monday, May 4, 2009
I'm so glad when Daddy comes Home
Everyday about 6:00 the kids start getting really antsy. Joe gets home between 6:45 and 7 every night and we try to have dinner start at 6:45 so he can at least catch the last half of it. I am trying to cook dinner and that is extremely difficult with 4 kids whining at me and Nate trying to crawl up my leg and everyone "starving" and looking for a snack. Finally about 5-10 minutes before I know that Joe is going to be home, I send the kids out front to "watch for Daddy." They all line up in the front yard being obnoxious and I can get the last few things ready for dinner without the peanut gallery. Unfortunately, Nate is not yet old enough to go outside. Until recently, it didn't matter...he had no idea where all the excitement had gone and he was none the worse for his ignorance. The other day, when it was time to "watch for Daddy" the kids all ran out the front door. Nate crawled as fast as he could to get to the door before it closed, but he wasn't fast enough (little did he know he wasn't going to go outside anyway.) After the door closed, he sat there looking at it for a second and then decided he really still wanted to see what was going on.... a few minutes later I go to check on him and this is what I see:
Nate had found his own way of interacting with the kids...he crawled to the front window and played with the blinds until he got the attention he really wanted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is adorable! I really understand what you mean about the peanut gallery when you cook and I only have two kids. They look at you like you are a piece prime steak and they want to eat because of course as mothers we starve them :)
What is it with the last 30 min! By the time Mitch gets home I'm usually sweating bullets and holding on to the end of a quickly fraying rope. I love the idea of sending them out to wait for dad. We live on a really busy street or I would so be doing that tonight.
That is too cute!
Post a Comment