We try to take it easy in the summer, but one of the things that we always do is swim lessons. I didn't learn to swim well when I was a child (not my parents fault...they did put me in some swim lessons, we just rarely went to a pool so I didn't ever learn to swim without plugging my nose). We have a neighborhood pool and lots of free time so we go swimming quite often. I want my children to be strong swimmers both when they are young and throughout their lives. This year, Adam, Michael and Ellie all got to take lessons.

They went to lessons at Miss Lori's house. Miss Lori is the best teacher ever, the kids learn so much.

When Ellie smiles, her whole face lights up, I just love it.


Ellie learned to swim across the pool on the front crawl, she also learned to swim on her back across the pool.
The boys were already good at getting across the pool, but this year they learned strokes. They also strengthened their back floating. Poor Michael is not a "natural floater" so it takes a lot of constant effort for him to stay up on his back.

They also learned how to throw something into the pool to rescue someone. It is nice, in their swim lessons they learn how to do several different floats, how to tread water, and how to pull someone out of the water. things that may come in useful one day.


Here they are treading water, they both did it for one whole minute.

Nate really wanted to get in and swim. He kept throwing things into the water and sticking his hands and feet into the water...one time he even fell right into the water. (but that didn't stop him from playing at the edge of the water again). Next year he turns three right in time for swim lessons, I can hardly wait. By then hopefully he will have grown out of the "busy" stage...t wears me out.

Adam's front crawl

Adam's back crawl

Micheal on his back:

P.S. I recently got a new camera...aren't the pictures a lot more clear? I think so.
2 comments:
Pictures do look more clear. Looks like the kids are having fun learning what they need to know. Happy for them.
That pool looks so inviting!
Post a Comment