Monday, July 19, 2010

Why we love visiting Grandpa and Grammie's cabin

There are so many reasons that we love to visit my parents cabin, the foremost being that in the middle of the summer when we are all melting at home, the temperatures are still in the mid 70's there. There are also so many fun things to do at the cabin.... especially fishing and four-wheeling. (okay, maybe the last one wasn't so fun for me this year, but it usually is).
There is a fantastic swing there, all the kids loved to swing on it because it was so long you could go so high!


Grammie did something special this year and she did several crafts with the kids. They absolutely loved them. They made special foam visors, painted rocks and did bead projects. (Meanwhile Mommy read a book....ahhhh!)




The cabin is built on the side of a mountain. There is a wagon there that the kids loved to ride down the hill. Nate and Juliana didn't get to go down the hill on it, they just drove it back and forth across the porch. The kids also spent a lot of time digging in the ditch. Its so cliche, but my boys just love the dirt and will spend hours digging and playing in it. The nice thing is that it wasn't too hot to do so.

This was not the four-wheeler that I was on, maybe next year this will have to be the one that I ride.



The kids went almost daily to the general store to get some ice cream. The general store there has some really nice ice cream.Nate was a little clingy this trip. I guess there were just too many new people all at once for him.







I can't wait to go again next year!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Was there any land up there for sale? Brian's still on this "buy land in Utah" kick. You guys have fun there every year...I want in on the fun!

Juliana S said...

Ellie was really fun as she kept requesting I make pink paint for all her rocks. Adam was busy making them for his teacher and dad. Michael came up with the idea that we should all make one for each other. Very sharing group.

Bethany said...

Sounds wonderful! I could use temps in the '70s -- we're so hot here I keep blaring the air.